Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chris Brown Gets GRILLED UP For "Dum English" Art Exhibition + Ice T PREMIERES "The Art Of Rap" Documentary



Chris Brown showed off his limited-edition collectible toys he created with American artist Ron English yesterday at Toy Tokyo in NYC. See pics of Chris at the exhibition inside and find out about Ice T's new documentary Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap.
Prior to his toy exhibition, Chris Brown held a viewing of some of his street art at Opera Gallery in New York City recently.
DJ Khaled dropped in to check out the artwork and pose for pics.
June Ambrose posed with Jonathan Cheben at the event and also admired the work.

Later.....
Chris was seen arriving at the Toy Tokyo store in the East Village of NYC yesterday for his exhibit called "Dum English."  
The exhibit featured Chris' street art as well as a line of collectible toys he created with American artist Ron English.
Chris rocked a grill for the event.  Hate these things.
He later tweeted some fun pics from the exhibition.

And in movie news.........
Ice T and wife CoCo hosted a red carpet premiere event for his new rap documentary Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap last night at Alice Tully Hall in NYC.  He revealed why he made the documentary--which he first showed at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival--to TIME saying, 
I wanted to start directing. I’ve been in film for a while and that’s something I want to do down the road, and I said, ‘Maybe this should be my first project.’ I was looking at the state of hip hop and I was like, ‘I don’t feel people respect it as much as they should.’ So I went out and called all my friends. I said, ‘I want to do interviews with you, but I’m going to talk to you about not the money, the cars, the jewelry, the beef. I want to talk about the craft.’ They were like, ‘Nobody ever asks us those questions.’
Treach of Naughty By Nature attended the event.
Rapper Fabolous supported Ice T's movie.
Actor Leon is aging like a fine wine.  We're just sayin'...
And Busta Rhymes was there with Rah Digga.  Good to see the hip hop community supporting hip education of sorts. The documentary hits select theaters this Friday.


Photos by Stefan Jeremiah/WENN.com/Paul Zimmerman/WireImage/D Salters

No comments:

Post a Comment