Saturday, May 19, 2012

New Music- Cocaine 80's Release Two New Songs...."Queen to Be" and "Take my Keys"

Ok so there is NO QUESTION that I am a fan of all things MUSIC and i continuously say that 2012 is the year of The Dopest Music from well Known or even New Artist....but I think the real Story and just INSANE music is coming from The Writers, Producers, and Dj's I would never have thought that this year would release such Intelligent Music (yes intelligent the music is just GENIUS lol) and that is why i will continue to Support Cocaine 80's They are GENIUS' 












 Cocaine 80′s (composed of James Fauntleroy, No I.D., Common and Makeba Riddick) is such a dope name for a group for a slew of reasons. The fact the music (mostly) lives up to the name is even better.
 Who knows where “Queen To Be” is scheduled to land. At this point these days, I stop trying to figure out release dates for projects. I just appreciate what lands in my lap. Give No I.D. some time to cook something up in the studio, and 9.8 times out of 10 we’re all going to be better people for it. Maybe not as pop-driven as what’s currently dominating FM stations across the country, but there is some potential here. It’s not a club smash, but definitely one of those songs which sound great when clocking out of work at 5 p.m. with the windows. Or am I tripping?
 Am I the only one disappointed there was no Coming To America sample? (because that was the first thing I thought of when I read the title lol)


Cocaine 80′s – “Queen To Be”






UPDATE:
Cocaine 80s makes it a double feature this weekend with a new song after yesterday's offering, "Queen To Be." Today the group opts for no raps and just straight crooning over an acoustic guitar for "Take My Keys." Lookout for more melodic tunes from the Chicago crew coming soon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment