Sunday, May 27, 2012

Brandy Talks Scrapped Tour Plans With Monica, Frank Ocean & Her Refusal To Watch Her ‘Behind The Music’ Special




So it looks as though Brandy and Monica have scrapped plans to tour together. Bummer!!
Earlier this year, around the time they were performing ‘It All Belongs To Me’ all over the place, the possibility of the two R&B divas hitting the road together were looking up but it seems as though they are singing a different tune. Brandy recently sat down with Bark + Bite for an exclusive interview and revealed that the tour probably won’t happen because she believes that they are both at different places with their music and she wants to do her own thing.
During the interview, Brandy also spoke highly of Frank Ocean and a song he recently wrote for her titled, ‘Scared Of Beautiful’ as well as her refusal to watch her ‘Behind The Music’ special.
Check out the excerpts below:
On her touring with Monica
Um, honestly, we haven’t really talked about it since we stopped promoting “It All Belongs to Me.” I just honestly think Monica and I are in different places in our music. And my vibe is a little bit different this time around so I don’t know. I kind of wanna do my own thing. I definitely feel like the fans would want a tour from us, but I don’t know, I just feel like I’m being pulled in a different direction. I’m definitely still open to it, but right now I’m looking in a different way right now for me.
On her relationship with Frank Ocean and the song he wrote for her
Yeah, I love Frank Ocean. I tease him all the time that I knew before everyone else knew how special he was. It’s always great to work with him. He’s such a young genius just coming into his own.
He gave me a great song called “Scared of Beautiful” and I think the meaning of that record is just so huge. It could be taken in so many different ways and there are so many double entendres going on in that song. Just people who are afraid to succeed, people who are afraid to love, people who are afraid of being the best version of who they are. That’s how it can relate to everyone. I really hope that it makes the album.
On her VH1′s ‘Behind The Music’ and why she never watched it:
I actually have never seen it. I lived it and I was definitely open in talking about it, so there’s no need for me to watch it. It felt like a weight was lifted and I appreciate VH1 wanting to do a Behind the Music with me because it was so needed for me just personally and emotionally.
Just being able to tell my story and be very transparent with the people that loved me for so long and also to reach the people that were confused about the things that happened or were judgmental or whatever the case may be. I was able to confront that.
And taking responsibility always relieves you in so many ways. So it was very liberating for me and I was so glad I did that because now I don’t have to talk about any of that anymore. It can really be about going forward and what my music represents and what my life is and my purpose.
Read the entire interview over at Bark and Bite


No comments:

Post a Comment